Internship Accounting & Back Office WHO ARE WE?
BMW Finance N.V., a daughter company of BMW AG, is as the largest Treasury Center of the BMW Group and consequently responsible for the world wide treasury activities and holds a wide range of responsibilities regarding funding and investing. Together with the head office in Munich, BMW Finance N.V. coordinates the financial activities of the BMW Group companies spread over the whole world. In order to do so, BMW Finance N.V. is responsible to ensure for sufficient internal financing within the Group as well as leading the financial risks related to its large credit portfolio. YOUR ROLE AS INTERN @ BACK OFFICE & ACCOUNTING.
We have an excellent opportunity available for a Back Office & Accounting associate to make a difference at BMW Finance N.V. You will be working in a high performing team, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level. As part of the Back Office & Accounting team you will ensure the internal and external compliance of all payment obligations (invoices, debt- and derivative transactions). You like to work with figures and understanding the story behind these. This means you are supporting the entire financial accounting process and proactively improves the processes of the Back Office & Accounting department. You will report to the Head of Accounting & Back Office and work closely with the other departments Treasury, Controlling and Tax.
Checking and confirmation of the treasury transaction
- Checking, confirming and managing day to day treasury payments across global bank accounts.
- Collaborate with and provide relevant information to different stakeholders as banks, auditors, headquarter.
- Preparation and ensuring a consistent high quality group- and statutory reporting based on internal and external accounting guide lines – within time frame.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and preparation of presentation for the management.
- Proactively participate in company wide projects.
- Lives Treasury 4.0 by continuously improving processes and reporting activities.WHO WE LOOKING FOR…
The policy of BMW Finance N.V. is to focus on providing high quality internship projects with a steep learning curve. This entails that each of our interns has her/ his own mentor who is responsible for the personal and professional development. Likewise, our interns are fully integrated within our enthusiastic and skillful teams and therefore get the opportunity to not only learn a lot in their own specialization, but to also experience the “world” of the other teams within the company. All of our interns receive a compensation and the possibility to acquire a wide range of competencies.
Due to the complexity of our tasks we require:
- At least third year bachelor at HBO level or higher in an Economics, Accounting and/or Finance related study.
- An advanced English speaker who even understands Dutch a little (this would be great but is not a prerequisite).
- Someone who enjoys to work independently, is curious and determined to solve complex issues, and not afraid to ask for help wherever needed.
- Someone with advanced excel and power point skills.
- Someone with strong communication skills, on all levels within the company
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive and a team player
- Attention to detail, work accurately, with strong analytical skillsINTERESTED?
Does all of the above sound exactly like you? Do you want to contribute to the treasury management of one of the biggest luxury product and premium brands in the world and are looking for a great work environment with huge learning possibilities? Do not hesitate and apply!